Prizes and Awards
1. National Prize of School Leaving Examinations.
2. Honorable Mention-Jagdish Chandra Bose Science Talent Search Scholarship.
3. Senior Class Assistant’s Prize in Surgery.
4. Government Prize in Clinical Surgery.
5. Wilson Silver Medal in Operative Surgery.
6. Goodeve Medal in Surgical Anatomy.
7. University Gold Medal in Surgery.
8. Silver Medal in Opthalmic surgery.
9. Senior Prosector’s Prize in Anatomy.
10. Silver Casket in Pathology.
11. Senior Class Assistant’s Prize in Pathology.
12. Girish Ch. Ghosh Prize in Pathology.
13. Certificate of Honours in Opthalmology.
Post-registration posts in Neurosurgery
August 1988 to Senior House Officer in Neurosurgery in the Mersey Regional
January 1990 Department of Surgical Neurology in Liverpool. Mr. R. V. Jeffreys,
Ms. FRCS Ed.
February 1990 to Registrar in Neurosurgery in Mersey
September 1992 Regional Department of Surgical Neurology,
Walton Hospital, Liverpool,
Mr. J B Miles, FRCS.
Mr. R. V. Jeffreys, MS, FRCS Ed.
Mr. M. D. M Shaw, MA, FRCS.
Mr. P. For, FRCS.
Mr. P L May, FRCS.
October 1992 to Senior Registrar and Hony. Lecturer (University of Manchester) in
May 1994 Neurosurgery, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Hope Hospital and
Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital, Pendlebury.
June 1994 to Visiting Fellow in Paediatric Neuorsurgery, Hospital for Sick Children,
July 1994 Toronto.
August 1994 to Locum Consultant, Midland Centre for Neurosurgery, Birmingham, U.K.
1. Permanent Registration of the General Medical Council, U.K.
2. Permanent Registration of the Indian Medical Council.